Lucio Del Pezzo was born in Naples on 13 december 1933. In 1955 he took degree in art and join the painting course at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Naples. He participate to the foundation of Gruppo 58’’ an art movement linked to the “Movimento nucleare” founded by Enrico Baj.
In the 60’s he moved to Milan and he held a solo show at Galleria Schwarz and in 1961 his first solo show in New York. In 1964 with Enrico Baj, Lucio Fontana and other artists he realized the “Labirinth of the free time” at the XIII Triennal in Milan winning an international prize. Later he will participate to the XXXII Venice Biennale. He will move to Paris and will leave in the studio apartment that previously belonged to Max Ernst.
In 1966 he will have a dedicated room at the XXXII Venice Biennale. In 1973 he realized for the Centre Pompidou an artwork titled “The wall” on two sides of the Beauborg. In 2000 he realized four big ceramic works for the Naples’ metropolitan. He dies in Milan in the april 2020.